Sunday, September 23, 2012

BB CREAMS

MY  FAVORITE BB CREAMS with SPF...

In conjunction with the Phytorelle cold powder pastilles (CPPs), I use moisturizers with sun protection factor (spf). 

I'm not a fond user of make-up. My daily regimen is usually confined to the basics - gentle cleanser, mild toner and moisturizer. Before placing my loose (baby) powder, I see to it that I place sunblock (25-50 SPF). I do not like applying eye shadows, liner and mascara nor use foundation; although from time to time, I do, especially during special occasions. I indulge in lipsticks, lip balm and lip gloss, though. To bring life to my N20-25 skin color, I use peachy-pink powder blush from time to time. Now that I'm old (my brow hairs are getting thin and white!), I use brow powder or pencil.

I'm quite lazy doing this routine. Most often, I forget using toner and moisturizer but, I see to it that I don't go without my sunblock. How can I shorten my regimen? I'm always on the go and time is precious for me.  I stayed in Korea for one year, but the BB (blemish balm) creams that time (2006-2007) were not yet in the market or unheard of. Perhaps, they were, but I did not see them, or perhaps, they were in a different name (tinted moisturizer? makeup base? make-up balm?).

It was only two years ago that I discovered BB creams.  What I like in BB creams is that they already contain the moisturizer and the sunblock, so, I don't have to add them separately.  Besides,  they have added bonus -  they contain some whitening ingredients which can even out the skin tone. They have anti-oxidants and other anti-ageing properties. In short, BB/CC creams are multi-functional.  

Because of my sensitive skin, I'm quite choosy about what I put on my face. So, my BB creams should be devoid of parabens and other toxic ingredients. A clean and toxic free cosmetic is impossible to find. However, there are a few in the market where these toxic ingredients are minimal. 

Do you want to check out your cosmetics for harmful compounds? You may visit this link: cosdna.com.

I choose 01 or sometimes 02 shade. Among my favorite  BB creams (not in order of preference) are:

The History of Whoo BB cream SPF 45 PA+++

The History of Whoo All in One Cushion Sun Balm (SPF 50+, PA+++)

Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Essential BB cream SPF 45 PA+++
Dior Snow BBcreme SPF 50 PA+++ (looks darkest among the BBs but this blends well on the skin)

These BB creams provide medium coverage and are easy to spread.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment